De wegomlegging (The road departure)

Showcase your animated videos to the Anizu community.
Ikes

De wegomlegging (The road departure)

Post by Ikes »

Hello friends,

Another radio play by me. This one is Dutch spoken, but I've made English subtitles under it. Hope you all like it!

Have fun watching!

-Ikes-

Story:
Peter Evans works as a mechanic in de garage of his father in law. This garage is located near a quiet road, where few drivers come by. Because of a temporarily road departure a lot more drivers stop by. One of them recognizes Peter as a gangster wanted by the police, who was involved in a bank robbery three years earlier, escaped to Ireland and now tries to start a new life under a false name.

Ziggy72

Re: De wegomlegging (The road departure)

Post by Ziggy72 »

Please elaborate on the hands and phones 2D trick you pulled so nicely on this (at 28:45 on). That is a good one. Did you track the character or hand animate it? Works a treat anyway.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Thanks Ziggy, also for the comment on youtube.
Indeed in Hitfilm I tracked the movement of the characters shoulder to follow the breathing. I attached a point to that tracking and made the arm in 3 parts. The upper-arm is parented to the point, the lower-arm to the upper-arm and the hand with phone to the lower-arm. You can then key animate the arm movement while it follows the characters movement. It's still quite hard to make nice fluid movements. Other conversations I also done with just 1 whole arm to speed up the process a bit.

Doby

Post by Doby »

GOOD JOB! :D

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Thank you Pat and Doby! I'm happy you like it.

The car chase I first created with animated backdrops, but because of the repeating images, it didn't look convincing. I then scaled down all cars and trees, roads, etc. to make a long track. The whole scene takes place from one side to the other side of the muvizu dome. I key framed the camera and the lights to follow the car. The interior I added in Hitfilm. The dust as well as the steam after the car crash came from a youtube video. There are a lot of those videos with dust, explosions, smoke, sparks, etc.

The cyclist I once made when I discovered DragonBones. An open source 2d animating tool, quite cool. I've made the cyclist in a looping image sequence animation and added it in Hitfilm on the background.

Doby

Post by Doby »

Wow how smart! Make smaller for more space! Kewl! :)