Thumbnails on Assets

Post here to suggest ways to improve the Anizu site.
Brucik

Thumbnails on Assets

Post by Brucik »

Hello everyone, thank you for the great effort in creating the Anizu site we want you to know that it's well appreciated. Just a suggestion though, wouldn't its be easier to find assets if there was a way of adding thumbnails to each asset. ;)

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnails on Assets

Post by Doc »

I agree although it might be quite difficult to implement. I'm working on the uploading functionality first. :D

Brucik

Post by Brucik »

Good point to download everything but if we are to keep uploading new assets and grow a bigger community then one will need to see what's new and whats not. I understand it's not easy to implement :( but as the community grows, it will be necessary

ammostro

Post by ammostro »

Maybe you can do something like this in the beginning :

When its possible to upload your own set, right click on the link, copy the link and past them here with a tumbnail.

http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-assets/Ammos ... mostro.set

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

PatMarrNC wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:57 pm
A couple of ideas that would offload the responsibility of adding images onto the people who created and uploaded the asset:

1) once Doc gets the site capable of uploading, we could upload an image with the same filename as the asset. For example HORSE.SET and HORSE.JPG ... Assuming the list is sorted, the image and asset would always appear together. And this would work with the assets that are already uploaded, it doesn't require a change to the website except for upload ability (which is already in process) In this case, both images and sets would be in one place.

2) alternatively, we could have a message forum dedicated to nothing but images for the assets. As Ammostro said, post the image alongside a link to the asset. In this case the images would be in a message, and the assets would be in a directory.

3) or, if a master document like the 66 pages in the Muvizu store existed, we wouldn't need to see the files at all... just the doc that links to them with images. In this case, the master document with image links could be anywhere.
Showing images on the page should be fairly easy to implement, it's the uploading I'm having trouble with. :)

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Doc, what kind of trouble do you have with the uploading?

(edit test)
Last edited by Ikes on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Ikes wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 pm
Doc, what kind of trouble do you have with the uploading?
I was using a HTML form to upload the file, then a PHP file to accept and move the file to the correct location. I had a few different issues but I'm starting from scratch again. I'll let you know if I get any problems this time! :)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Update: A test version seems to be working fairly well. I'll continue working on it tomorrow. :)

ammostro

Post by ammostro »

Everything will be fine. I'm sure off that.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

There's a new Anizu asset store with thumbnails here: http://www.anizu.uk/anizuAssets
Thumbnails for the old sets is still a work in progress...