Increase quality of rendering in Active camera window?

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
CloudNinja

Increase quality of rendering in Active camera window?

Post by CloudNinja »

Hi - I"m trying to get the active camera window to have the same quality as when I actually render.

My "make video" settings are "uncompressed" & frame size of 1920x1080.

The active window while in "timeline mode" looks a "pixelated" - look at the eyes and sideburns of the below character:

then, when I go to the "make video" window, it looks "smooth" - notice the difference in the eyes and sideburns of the character:

Is there some sort of setting I can use so that when I"m in "timeline mode" and watching my clip in the active camera, the active camera window will have the same render quality as when I"m in "make video" mode/window?

appreciation in advance,
.cn

Ziggy72

Re: Increase quality of rendering in Active camera window?

Post by Ziggy72 »

The game engine has to render each window as a new instance of the world, essentially, that's why the quality is lower (and it's also why the program can slow to a crawl if you create lots of cameras in a busy set). The view in the 'make video' window represents the final render and has anti aliasing, which the preview camera windows don't have. As far as I know there is no way to increase the camera views resolution.

CloudNinja

Re: Increase quality of rendering in Active camera window?

Post by CloudNinja »

Ah...makes sense. Thank you for the quick reply.