Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
Doc
Site Admin

Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Post by Doc »

Hi everyone,

If you have an activated copy of Muvizu:Play+, make a backup of the file called playplus.lic found in C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\Licence

If you ever came to uninstall Muvizu without making a copy of that file (for instance if your PC broke), there's currently no way of regaining your Muvizu activation, and you'd be stuck with the free version.

There's more information on keeping your licence, and transferring your licence between computers here: http://www.anizu.uk/muvizuactivation
And there's a thread with more potential solutions here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3

chaver

Re: Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Post by chaver »

Thank you very much for this info :)

Kico66

Post by Kico66 »

Thank You for warning, I'll check it. :)

endes

Post by endes »

Thank you. I read this and directly made a copy of this file :)

Rocque

Post by Rocque »

This topic has helped me. My 2 year old computer crashed and I am so glad I took the advice offered in this topic. I am being helped by Pat via email to hopefully add Muvizu back to my fixed computer. I will finish updating this post to let you know how it all worked.

First of all the files I saved before having my computer worked on would not work to set up Muvizu so I went to the download section on this site. Pat walked me through saving the download to the right directory and when I ran the .exe file I did not even have to do anything. My license key was working perfectly. I was worried that I would have to move the license file around for it to work, but I did not.

It is nice to know that the helpful Muvizu community still exists here.

noirfluo

Post by noirfluo »

Too late for me! :?
I'm very angry because I bought Muvizu:Play+ one year ago and paid for a lot of addons but I can't use this software anymore. :(
I formatted my computer 2 months ago and when I made a new setup (three weeks ago) I had the very bad surprise! :cry:
Very very very angry :(

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

noirfluo wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 am
Too late for me! :?
I'm very angry because I bought Muvizu:Play+ one year ago and paid for a lot of addons but I can't use this software anymore. :(
I formatted my computer 2 months ago and when I made a new setup (three weeks ago) I had the very bad surprise! :cry:
Very very very angry :(
I'm sorry to hear about that. It would be useful if we had the ability to warn people actively, because often users come across this site only after installing again and realising it won't work.

The best solution I can offer at the moment is to install the older version which has more features unlocked without a key.
http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe

animall

Post by animall »

Lost of a license from Muvizu Plus is very frustrating. You'll be stuck with the free version. There's currently no way of regaining your Muvizu activation. Here is how to be safe. visit You tube: https://youtu.be/XOiqC7K2wcU
cheers

treviano

Post by treviano »

How to acquire a new license? I have my license key that I bought over two years ago. As I lost all the data of the pc, I can not play muvizu anymore. But I need the software. Quite a lot of negligence on the part of the current and former owners of the company. Ha as I acquire another license at least?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

treviano wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:34 pm
How to acquire a new license? I have my license key that I bought over two years ago. As I lost all the data of the pc, I can not play muvizu anymore. But I need the software. Quite a lot of negligence on the part of the current and former owners of the company. Ha as I acquire another license at least?
There is currently no way of obtaining a new licence for Muvizu, so you will need to wait for the new company to start dealing with Muvizu.