Site Admin

Re: 3D output

Post by Doc »

Doby wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:11 am
StarHopper wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:57 am
In terms of quality, I render my 360 stills and videos at 4K resolution
How? Most I can render stills (in Muvizu) is 1920. Do you make them larger after that?

Thanks!
You need to be using Windows 10.

StarHopper

Post by StarHopper »

Doby wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:11 am
StarHopper wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:57 am
In terms of quality, I render my 360 stills and videos at 4K resolution
How? Most I can render stills (in Muvizu) is 1920. Do you make them larger after that?

Thanks!
4K rendering option.png
4K rendering option.png (29.41 KiB) Viewed 24330 times
Last option in the list output formats. Be warned, just selecting this option caused Muvizu to crash with my previous computer. Even now, it's a slow rendering process but worth it for the end result.
Spiritworld - My 360 animated series created with Muvizu: https://www.facebook.com/Ectolini/

Doby

Post by Doby »

oooooooooooooooooh! Good to know! Looks great! Don't have Windows 10 though :( Thank you for the info! You guys are great! :)

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

StarHopper wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 pm
A more elaborate system involves grouping two carefully spaced cameras with an invisible cylinder with the Keep upright option enabled. I've just added my Muvizu set for this Stereoscopic camera Rig to the Assets area of this site.
If anyone is interested, I did a quick test video with the camera rig mentioned above, it worked great. I spaced the two cameras a bit further apart and then readjusted the two clips in my video editor. This seemed to give me a little bit more depth:

https://youtu.be/Y0j9kwUp_Rg

(Watch with red/blue glasses or with Google cardboard)

StarHopper

Post by StarHopper »

toni12345 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm
StarHopper wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 pm
A more elaborate system involves grouping two carefully spaced cameras with an invisible cylinder with the Keep upright option enabled. I've just added my Muvizu set for this Stereoscopic camera Rig to the Assets area of this site.
If anyone is interested, I did a quick test video with the camera rig mentioned above, it worked great. I spaced the two cameras a bit further apart and then readjusted the two clips in my video editor. This seemed to give me a little bit more depth:

I viewed it with Google cardboard and the 3D effect works quite well!
Spiritworld - My 360 animated series created with Muvizu: https://www.facebook.com/Ectolini/

Doby

Post by Doby »

toni12345 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm
Looks really good!

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

Yet another test video. This time I used the stereoscopic camera rig to produce a 360° video. In order for this to come out right you have to exchange parts of the left and right video in a video editor. I also added binaural sound with a tool provided by facebook, so if you use headphones, the direction of the sound of the different musicians should change according to your point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=TzqrYGPow2I

The 3D-effect is certainly not as strong as in the first video above, so there might be a lot of room for experiments and improvements... :)

StarHopper

Post by StarHopper »

toni12345 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 pm
Yet another test video. This time I used the stereoscopic camera rig to produce a 360° video. In order for this to come out right you have to exchange parts of the left and right video in a video editor. I also added binaural sound with a tool provided by facebook, so if you use headphones, the direction of the sound of the different musicians should change according to your point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=TzqrYGPow2I

The 3D-effect is certainly not as strong as in the first video above, so there might be a lot of room for experiments and improvements... :)
Works great visually and audio-wise! Looking forward to where this is leading ;)

Fman00

Post by Fman00 »

Loved seeing this topic in the forum. I had to post but this may ramble a bit (sorry).

Ikes- thanks for the "moving grouped cameras using keyframes" trick. Will definately have a muck about with that in the future (if I can remember how to use Muvizu).

Starhopper- really impressed with the 3d effect on the 360 video and how consistent it is on all angles. I tried mucking about with this last year but I simply had 2 360 cameras side by side and output the left and right as top and bottom on Youtube. Inevitably this just meant good 3d to the front, none to the side and inverted cameras when you turn around. I was going to cut the back half of the 360 images and swap them over but ran out of steam when I realised that halving the resolution by doing 3d in Youtube 360 made the videos so fuzzy. Your video works well with the characters being in the close forground and I am really curious how you got the 3d to work (I saw the video thumbnail of your video on my phones web browwser and it seemed to be 2 top/bottom videos arranged side by side).

Anybody wanting a free video editor to do 360 should look at Hitfilm Express 2017 which handles 4k 360. I haven't used it yet but Hitfilm Express tends to have had very positive feedback from the Muvizu bods who have mentioned it in the main site forums before so I presume the 360 function is well implemented. Seems to be bit of a learning curve though.

Last thing- Google are bringing out the ability to upload VR180 videos to Youtube (natively 3d 180 degree vr videos). I've been waiting for them to release the details for resolutions/metadata generator as I really fancy doing something with Muvizu for this. Hoping that just using wide field of view in Muvizu should be enough for the 180 degress but haven't had a play yet. I would recommend anybody with cardboard check out VR180 on Youtube as it is quite compelling. If you have Samsung Gear VR check out the Amaze app as this has similar 180 videos.

Ramble over. :)

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

Fman00 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 pm
I tried mucking about with this last year but I simply had 2 360 cameras side by side and output the left and right as top and bottom on Youtube. Inevitably this just meant good 3d to the front, none to the side and inverted cameras when you turn around. I was going to cut the back half of the 360 images and swap them over but ran out of steam when I realised that halving the resolution by doing 3d in Youtube 360 made the videos so fuzzy. Your video works well with the characters being in the close forground and I am really curious how you got the 3d to work (I saw the video thumbnail of your video on my phones web browwser and it seemed to be 2 top/bottom videos arranged side by side).
I assume you are talking about my videos even though you adressed starhopper ;)

I actually did swap the backview of the two cameras using a video editor. This still leaves you with next to no 3D effect to the side of your view, but it's the easiest solution for me to come up with a halfway decent 3D image. Resolution is a problem in 360 videos, so go as high as you can.

It doesn't really matter if you export your videos as "side by side" or "top/bottom" as long as Youtube recognizes the format. When you use the metadata injector for 360 videos provided by Youtube, you have to have the top/bottom-format.

I hope that helps, feel free to ask if you need more details. I'm still in the experimenting phase myself but I think the possibilities are fascinating.