Re: Keeping Muvizu alive

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
Brucik

Post by Brucik »

Wow this is soooo helpful, thank you very much Patrick. I will also recommend others to come to this forum for help

stvster

Post by stvster »

REPOST FROM MY OTHER TOPIC.(Well deserved I think).Hope this doesn't violate Forum Terms.

BRILLIANT!! Thank you Very much for this solution!! It was like having a new car and no gas before the fix. :D
Greatly appreciated!!!
Thanx again,
Steve

maurice8th

Post by maurice8th »

Thank you , Pat. Does the same instructions comply with Windows 10 on a laptop? :)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

maurice8th wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 am
Thank you , Pat. Does the same instructions comply with Windows 10 on a laptop? :)
Yep, this will apply to any Windows device running Muvizu.

Rocque

Post by Rocque »

Thanks for this information. I had a scare the past few days when my computer decided it did not want to work anymore. I think I am going to put these files in cloud storage definitely.
I was able to fix my computer. I had to update most of the drivers for my Intel Processor. Strange, huh? Well now it seems to be working like new. However the thought of losing Muvizu is too scary.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

It's probably also wise to note your current MAC address somewhere outside your computer. In case your computer crashes, you can't retrieve it anymore.

AllClass

Post by AllClass »

Hi,

My laptop died and I've been trying to reinstall. So glad I found this forum!

I was able to track down my licence key from an old email but cannot seem to add it. My understanding is the licence key itself is pointless now that there's no admin to verify it? I need that playplus.lic file but my old computers gone

I'm pretty sad to lose this so any help greatly appreciated!!!
Last edited by AllClass on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

rodrisilva

Post by rodrisilva »

Try to recover muvizu license from your old hard drive then follow instructions posted to use muvizu. You need mac adress of old computer ethernet port or wireless port depending on connection you used before it crashed. If you have none you are done.
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

AllClass wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:23 am
My computer died, I just got a new one with the sole purpose of using it for Muvizu...

I was able to track down my license key from an old email but cannot seem to add it. I tried following the steps outlined but dont see a 'license' section in the program files

any help greatly appreciated!!!
Welcome to Zuchat, AllClass. Recovering your licence may be difficult, but could be possible if you still have your old computer. It has a few fairly complex steps so might be easier to walk you through it via Facebook chat. Are you in the Zuchat group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/zuchat/

solidsnake1977

Post by solidsnake1977 »

Hello,
I tried to use my Muvizu software in the morning and it didn't work, so I tried to actívate it today and, of course, it didn't work.
I did not back up my licence file, however, there is a playplus.lic file in my harddrive. I just recovered it and open it, it looks legitim because it includes my name and it describes that I have bought the keyframe packet which is correct.
Well, I tried what has been posted in this forum but it didn't work for me :(
I didn't understand what to do in the UISettings.ini file, I found the ActivationCode line and it said:
ActivationCode=XXXSaAAAAsdfsadf <<<< you know, a long chain of characters with the License key
What do I need to do with that line?
Do I need to copy a part of the playplus.lic file?
Besides that, in one of the posts it says that I should back up the entire license folder, but I didn't find another file besides the playplus.lic file, should I have another?
Thanks for your help.